Saturday, January 2, 2016

Welcome

Every Friday, as long as something doesn't blow up on me, I plan on posting a new story or snippet from one of the three RPG settings I'm creating for Final Sword Productions. All three have either already had novels or shorts released for the setting and one currently has some game material available as well.

Some of these stories will contain adult material and the ones that do will have a warning posted at the start of the entry. There's also an adult content warning when you enter the blog, so you have been warned. This doesn't, however, mean that all stories will be adult in nature - but I have to cover my arse.

Onto the settings.

Tyme - a space opera/SF setting - currently no RPG material on sale for the setting, but it's in the works. Three stories have currently been published. A short that appeared in an anthology called Space Sirens, the novel Astaria, an early work that's due for an overhaul, and the novel Starfire, which was initially published through Loose - ID and will be released again the first week of January 2016. The third novel, Last Name, is about to enter edits and should be released before the end of the year.

Erien - a mostly family friendly fantasy setting with a little warped humor - though this might change as some of the stories are demanding a little more - erm - fire. Two novels have been released in this setting in print and are being overhauled for ebook and re-release. Dragon Prince and Fae Born. Numerous shorts have also been written for this setting. It's also used as the setting for the table top 3D dragon combat game, Battle Skies.


Shadow Sprawl - an urban fantasy setting, except that I'm also writing the older background stories/origin stories. So what would we call this? Paranormal/Urban/Historical/near future - meh, it's Shadow Sprawl! Two novella's have currently been released for this setting, along with game material, those are Rebirth and Alpha. Several more novellas are waiting in edits and a full length novel is also in the works.

Disclosure: I'm one of the three owners of Final Sword Productions. So, why does it take so long to turn my work into RPG material? Because we also work with several literary licenses - authors such as David Weber, S.M. Stirling and John Carr - this work comes first. I've no problem with that, and I'm a part of that work as well. So, I'll keep plodding along with my own settings, building them up, creating and having fun at the same time. It's what we do - what I do.

Terri Pray
Scribbler, Creative, Insane Brit, Wife, Mother - in other words, just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment